Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stage 4 Lung Cancer Dawn peeing like a race horse

Today day #150 since chemotherapy began, I was supposed to begin Round 5 of chemotherapy, mo’ carboplatin + altima,  over these past two weeks … however blood counts were out of whack, anemia ruled and instead I have needed two separate blood plasma transfers ... or a total of 4 bags of blood plasma ... with even a small bag of lasix thrown in ... in the meantime it’s force liquids … 96 oz daily and just 'pee like a race horse' …

Keeping fingers crossed blood counts stabilize and chemo can return beginning of next week

... after all chemo is what is attacking cancer ... blood counts and such are a detour about me  ... Stage 4 is too short to be taking breaks!!

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
My Lung Cancer Odyssey @ http://lung-cancer-survivor.blogspot.com/
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/



7 comments:

  1. love and prayers is all I can say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,
    Don't think of it as a break from chemo, but as some additional support and resources to continue the attack. Hang in there ... Healing energy and prayers.

    SteveS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Steve ... encouragement is always appreciated

      Delete
  3. Hi Patrick~hang in there-I too had times when my blood counts were too whacked out to get chemo. Just think of it as a rest for your body. Your in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda ... not being healthy enough to get chemo was freaking me out ... "rest" for my body ... now there is the ticket!!! :)

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing Great blog with lots of very useful information!
    http://www.metrohospitals.com/specialities/pulmonology-sleep-medicine

    ReplyDelete