Monday, April 29, 2013

lung cancer may connect us as bloggers ...

We are all so much more than the diagnosis of lung cancer that connects our blogs.

In my story, Caregivingly Yours, my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis almost a quarter century ago. She awoke Thanksgiving morning 1989 unable to walk, and barely able to see or talk.

“Across the years of caregiving, I’d guestimate I’ve pushed Patti’s wheelchairs at least 5,000 miles (8,000 kilometers). …
As sweat stains your shirt you only need ask yourself - how many people do you know who will step in to push the person you care for up the hills and across the years?”

Any week I can mark 3 Multiple Sclerosis friendly outings with Patti from her care facility and 3 trips to Baltimore regarding my lung cancer on my kitchen wall calendar is a damn fine week of juggling spousal caregiving and my own health.
The above collage of pics were taken 24 hrs after my Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) Biopsy on a sunny 75°F (23.8°C) two mile push and roll with Patti around Carlisle, PA ending at Helena's Chocolate Café & Crêperie for dinner.

Learning earlier today that EBUS pathology report would not be available to talk about today I found myself reflecting that lung cancer may connect us as bloggers and likely define the commonality of our endings but it does not define the stories of our lives.

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment