Thursday, April 25, 2013

me time / us time

Checking in for my Wednesday 9 AM pre-op blood work and EKG the clerk at MedStar Franklin Square Hospital reminded me the tests won’t take long and shared that Baltimore radio personality Marty Bass suggested to listeners this morning to get out in this 76°F (24.4°C) sunny day and make some “me time”.

Trying to outlive lung cancer can be suffocating especially with anxiety soaring over my looming EBUS biopsy of ‘Bob’ scheduled for dawn Friday and trying to find a balance with my caregiving for Patti.

Marty Bass thank you for the suggestion, even better than 'me' time was ‘us time’ at the National Aquarium and walking around the Inner Harbor with my daughter and loyal sidekick through all this.

“Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?
Under the sea”
We had not visited in years and IMHO it was the treat of all treats to spend a couple hours making new happy memories, rather than let worries about Friday’s EBUS drown me.

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment