Wednesday, May 1, 2013

adenocarcinoma trifecta

Wow! Hearing that I had lung cancer the first time, 15 months ago, was devastating. Learning this morning that pathology from my recent EBUS biopsy of ‘Bob’ revealed my lung junk included a a trifecta of adenocarcinomas is cataclysmic.

With the river Styx in sight of my imagination I find myself drifting in the pool I have come to label as ‘soul cancer’. … Just a few more laps and I’ll morph back to warrior mode.

Pathology wants to compare and contrast recently discovered adenocarcinomas with tissue from original tumor on opposite lung. Targeted therapies I'm told can try to focus on what is exactly wrong with the cells, instead of killing normal, healthy cells too.

We, my daughter and I, have an appointment for next Wednesday in Baltimore to sit down with Dr. William Krimsky, Director of Interventional Pulmonology at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and not just see touch and feel the evidence but to hammer out the battle plan for my war to live.

Patrick Leer
Health Activist:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you Patrick. You're an amazing man.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! Kind thoughts are always welcomed.

      Delete