Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PinnacleHealth Pulmonary Nodule Clinic

“The Pulmonary Nodule Clinic enables us to help find and treat these nodules sooner, ideally when lung cancer is in its early stages and potentially curable.” Troy Moritz, DO Surgical Director Pulmonary Nodule Clinic

“The PinnacleHealth Pulmonary Nodule Clinic is the only multidisciplinary group in the Central Pennsylvania region designed to comprehensively manage pulmonary nodules.

“Pulmonary Nodule Clinic patients benefit from our 20 year affiliation … with Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia”

As you can see from my goblet full of bracelets and this entry I am more than glad to promote this idea, after all Troy Mortiz, DO was my thoracic surgeon for my successful lung cancer surgery.
Personally I did not have the option of the Pulmonary Nodule Clinic from the beginning of my lung cancer odyssey. Frankly it is unclear why? 

“A pulmonary nodule is any “spot” in the lung that is less than 3 centimeters in diameter … The majority of nodules are found through testing performed for other reasons, such as x-rays …”

My spot was only 9 mm and was found as a result of my annual physical.

A ‘spot’ in the lung may be technically a pulmonary nodule but for me it was a scary, lonely mental and emotional fall down the proverbial rabbit hole just days before Christmas.

My lung cancer odyssey was launched and navigated in its critical early stages by the extraordinary efforts of my family practice nurse practitioner and staff. … They went to war for me "to live" even when all I wanted to know was 'how long before I died'.

Just looking through this brochure and test calling the number I was stunned at how simplified I believe it would all now be. Of course I cannot recreate the mental and emotional blur but I felt the voice on the other end of the phone sounded like hope.

by Patrick Leer
BLOGS:
Caregivingly Yours, MS Caregiver @ http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. contact us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.. asbestos cancer organization

    ReplyDelete